What material is TPE?
TPE is a thermoplastic elastomer, a material with both rubber and thermoplastic characteristics . There are many possible structures, the most fundamental one is the need to have at least two mutually dispersed polymer phases. A polymer material that shows rubber elasticity at room temperature and can be plasticized at high temperature. It has mechanical properties and usability similar to rubber, and can be processed and recycled as thermoplastics. It sets up a bridge between plastic and rubber. bridge. For this reason, thermoplastic elastomers can process rubber products as efficiently, quickly and economically as thermoplastics.
1. The structure of TPE material does not contain unsaturated bonds, the properties are relatively stable, and have good The temperature resistance (use temperature range -50-100 ℃), aging resistance, chemical resistance, solvent resistance.
2. The structure of TPE material contains rigid ethylene-styrene chains that are glassy at room temperature Segments give the material a fixed shape to ensure the performance; the material structure contains butadiene flexible segments that are highly elastic at room temperature, giving the material a comfortable, soft touch and elasticity.
3. TPE materials do not introduce heavy metals in the production process, and do not add toxic o-benzene Diformate plasticizer is the best material to replace PVC.
4. TPE material adopts direct injection molding, easy to process, short molding cycle, waste products Easy to recycle, it is an ideal material to replace rubber and silicone.
5. TPE materials can provide various physical properties and hardness through changes in formula and ratio To meet the most suitable use requirements of different products.
TPE's widely adjustable physical properties and hardness make its application field very wide. Used in electrical tools, electronic materials, hardware handles, luggage accessories, sports equipment, fitness equipment, toy dolls, adult sex toys, building materials, auto parts, medical equipment, wires and cables, etc.